When making the admission decision, VALS, since 1906 has endorsed a nondiscriminatory policy as to its operations, such that it shall operate without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap, or payor source. As a result, VALS has welcomed generations of patients/residents into our holistic care environment.
What you need to be admitted:
- If your loved one is at the hospital or another facility you can have the Social Worker contact the Village admissions department a request a referral. (access to referral link)
- If your loved one is at home---contact the Village admissions department and they will review and discuss the admissions process.
VALS admission line: 814-452-3271
Qualifications: To qualify for short-term rehabilitation and/or long-term care you need:
- Physician order.
- Medicare requires a 3 midnight hospital stay.
- Certain Medicare replacement insurance or commercial insurances will require prior authorization.
- If there is no traditional payor source---an MA-51 application must be completed by your family or referring physician and you will need to contact our local Area Agency on Aging which complete a level of care to make sure you are skilled nursing or long-term care appropriate.
Please contact VALS admissions line at 814-452-3271 for further information, to schedule a tour or to discuss other options.